Your job description
As the Assistant Financial Controller for the Claranet Benelux organisation you will be part of our local Finance team in Son (Eindhoven area) reporting to the Benelux Financial Controller. The Assistant Financial Controller plays an instrumental role in the Finance team working closely with the Benelux Financial Controller and Group Finance in the UK to ensure that the finance function is always developing and delivering value. This is a varied role, with the opportunity for greater responsibility and development in the future.
- You take ownership of timely and accurate management reporting including commentary for Group Finance.
- You are responsible for key elements of the month end close, which will include performing reconciliations, investigating variances against forecast results and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for several BV companies.
- You prepare aged debtors and aged accounts payable schedules.
- You communicate with other Claranet Finance country teams (for example to settle intercompany transactions).
- You are responsible for working capital management and cash forecasting.
- You are the key contact for the audit team during the year end audit, ensuring all audit requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- You will work with Group Finance to support the IFRS consolidated accounts preparation.
- You will support the auditors drafting statutory consolidated accounts under Dutch GAAP.
- You prepare VAT returns and ICP declaration.
- You identify, suggest and implement (process) improvements within the Finance team.
- You ensure that key controls are operating and documented on a monthly basis.
Statutory financial statements
Financial systems and process improvements
Next to the above mentioned areas of responsibility you will support on a variety of adhoc projects, including involvement in possible Group Finance initiatives.
- You have a bachelor degree in accounting and at least 4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ideally you have audit experience and/or recent experience of preparing Dutch GAAP consolidated financial statements. Knowledge of IFRS is a plus.
- You are highly analytical. You can see the big picture, while at the same time you also have attention to details. You have excellent command of Microsoft Excel and preferably knowledge of Navision and Exact Online.
- Strong communication skills. Fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is preferred.
- To be successful in this role you need to be motivated and pro-active. You are a self-starter who is able to get things done.
- Experience in an international commercial environment or an IT driven business is a plus.
- A diverse position within a dynamic and international environment; being part of our local Finance team in The Netherlands while also working closely with Group Finance in the UK.
- You will be part of a motivated team that is aiming for quality, reliability and teamwork in an informal work atmosphere.
- The opportunity to greater responsibility and development in the future.
- 27 holidays per year, telephone and laptop, travel allowance and a pension scheme.
For more information you are welcome to contact Josje van Oudenaarden (HR/Recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +31653772892 (WhatsApp is possible).